Wednesday 12 June 2013

What Teachers Make

After ten long months of counselling, my counsellor bid me farewell today! I am in a much better place than I could have hoped to be at the end of those ten months and literally smiled for the whole session. It was bizarre trying to look back to the early days of being ill and try to work out how far I've managed to come, as the Bee from back then doesn't even vaguely resemble the Bee I am now.

As this was the final session, we worked on creating a 'Relapse Action Plan', so that on bad days or times when I feel like depression could be creeping back, I have things in place to help me bounce back to my usual self. Once I have turned my scribbled notes from the counselling session into coherent sheets to sit in the back of my planning folder, I will upload them for others to use if they want. Teaching is stressful, whether you have depression or not, so I imagine my Action Plan could be of use to any other teachers or students who are feeling the strain. 

Despite having a rather snazzy new Action Plan in place, this video is still my favourite pick-me-up at the end of a stressful day:



I first stumbled across Taylor Mali after a friend pinned this video on Pinterest months back, and have grown to love him. I dare you to watch this video and not feel empowered and worthwhile at the end! 

No comments:

Post a Comment